n. 2. Purveyors of fine debugging and tracing tools.
Jonathan Levin's Debugging tools for MacOS and (Jailbroken) *OS systems
You've probably used the many free tools published by Jonathan Levin in His MacOS and *OS Internals books, such as
XPoCe and others... And if you haven't check them out - they're free, outdo Apple's own, and (on the *OS variants) - are the only tools of their kind!
Today, we are happy to announce that Jonathan has granted TechnoloGeeks exclusive license to manage and distribute his first commercial tool, which will revolutionize debugging, tracing and reverse engineering on MacOS and jailbroken iOS variants:
- XN00p: - Live kernel memory inspector/debugger, object aware with innovative features like automatic kernel patch and rootkit detection, zone mapping, and more. Walk complex lists and objects like never before - with inspection performed on the same machine.
- Inspect any kernel object - tasks, ports, processes, threads, etc - and dump in human readable text
- Smart dump - when inspecting arbitrary memory, deduce pointers and their destinations automatically
- Lookup any pointer and find which kernel zone it's coming from
- Detect any kernel patching, from jailbreaks or rootkits
- Patch any kernel addresses with pinpoint accuracy (on MacOS), for example to disable SIP or override entitlements
- Dump kernel core to file (like SysInternals' "liveKD")
- Work directly on kernel core files (generated with
- Usage in command line environment, interactively, or through a shell script
- Also usable as a shared library - just provide kernel read/write primitives
The MacOS version is live, and an iOS version is coming soon!
Jonathan has been using his tools in his trailblazing work, *OS Internals, and - after much testing, tweaking, and proofing - has deemed them ready for use by anyone who has interest in reverse engineering on the world's most advanced operating systems!
MacOS and *OS debugging, tracing and reversing is about to change.. forever.
BETA PROGRAM NOW LIVE! Email p/r/o/d/u/c/t/s@T/e/c/h/n/o/l/o/g/e/e/k/s for details and registration!